Sunday, March 30, 2008

The end of something...

March is finally over! and I've never looked forward to anything more.

One more day at my old job, and finally I can focus on the new one. Yup, you heard it right, today is the 31st, my supposed last day on the job. But no, I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Did you know that pro bono is Latin for "big idiot"?

*****

Lots of news, not all of them good. Give me time to sort it out in my head.

*****

This new job that I have requires a writer. Which is not me. I am on the technical part, which means I do the research. Which is not bad. The writer on my panel is an asshole. He is condescending, arrogant, and bull-headed. He thinks he is the smartest person in the whole world. I think he looks like he has down syndrome.

I don't know about you, but I would actually rather have trisomy 21 than look like I have it when I don't.

And yes, this is the meanest thing I have said in public. (You should listen to the voice inside my head. Which is me. Which is worse than public me. Which is bad.)

And although it would be nicer of me to temper this mean comment by saying nice things about people with trisomy 21, I'd rather not. There are good people, and there are bad people. Smart people, stupid people, arrogant people, humble people, ad infinitum. And all these people can either have 46 or 47 chromosomes. Which is not their virtue, and not their fault either. We have no control over our genes, but we have control over our attitudes.

So I guess I'm saying, if you have to be a chauvinistic, condescending, arrogant asshole (which is completely your choice, by the way), you better be... I don't know. Is there a saving grace to this?

Ang labo. Basta. Die, creature! Die!

*****

God, who needs a drink?

4 comments:

crystal_farmer said...

hey--i need a drink. unfortunately drey, i belong to the school of thought that supposes that decisions (i.e. choices) are also physiological processes and are therefore influenced to some extent by our genes. but good luck on your new job. what is it exactly? i may want that kind of job in the future.

sarski said...

did somebody say "drink"? count me in.

you're right in saying we have no control over our genes. unfortunately, our genes control us -- which only reiterates what deo said. anyway, i hope your new job wouldn't be that bad despite that "chauvinistic, condescending, arrogant asshole"; just strike back :D

M said...

hmmmm. it sucks to be working with someone you hate, no, abhor. it can lead to a drinking problem. i've seen it happen. on the other hand, eventhough i don't completely believe in karma, i've seen that happen, too.

M said...

ps. yay! new job! always good, even when bad. what is it that you do???