Friday, May 04, 2007

No contest!

Golden State 111, Dallas 86

What can I say, except "No contest"? With a deficit as long as Dirk's chin and as wide as Jerry Stackhouse's forehead, well, Dirk's chinny-chin-chin said it better, "...this season is pretty much over."

You guys might be asking why I don't like Dallas a lot. It can't be because I love the Spurs, because--Mark Cuban's money-making, rivalry-mongering insults aside--there really is no bad blood between the two Texas teams. I don't have anything against Dirk either, except I can't deny that his chinny-chin-chin (and yes, that's how I'll refer to it from now on) is a bit longish and Jerry Stackhouse does look like a Neanderthal. But wait...

Flashback. Last year. Playoffs 2nd round. Spurs vs. Mavs. Game 5. Jason Terry punched Michael Finley in the balls--and I don't mean basketballs. Yep, now I remember why I hate Dallas. I mean why I really hate them.

I won't even mention that Mark Cuban--especially with this new The-playoffs-is-so-intense-I-don't-have-time-to-shave-and-Look! -My-hair-is-turning-grey! look--looks like something I'd mop the floor of the Oracle Arena with. (Count how many "look"s were in that sentence.)

So, where was I? Oh, right. No fuckin' contest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Drey, why do I sense bitterness all over this post? Ha ha ha ha. Is this hormonal? :)

ning said...

hey where have you been watching?

and i am sick as a dog. what is up?!

dreyers said...

dar, no it isn't hormonal. wait, it's may 9th... it could be. hahaha!

ning, why sick? what have you been doing to and with your dogs??! kidding! i've been sneaking out to lunch at cantina to wattch the games during my lunch break! hahaha. get well and see you soon! mwah.