Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Octo-pussy.

Why is it that when I'm rushing head-on towards a deadline, I find it so conducive to blog? I remember sneaking out of Japanese class to write, and now this. Someone had mentioned maybe it's a stand-up thing, you know, that that's the attraction of writing for me--the getting away from what I really have to do.

Not that this is a masterpiece. But. There are many reasons for this post:

1. The weather held long enough for the championship bonfire--But having rained before the whole thing left Bel field muddy. Some conversations:

Over the phone with A: Drey, you remember 2002? Your flip flops got sucked into the mud and you lost one of them?

I don't remember exactly, but apparently everybody does.

At the Bel field, meeting up with friends: Hey, you remember in 2002 when I lost my...
Unanimous response: We all know the story, Drey! We were laughing about it on the way here.

6-year improvement: My feet might've been caked in mud now, but I left with two pairs of slippers. Woo-hoo.

2. It's birthday month, and I'm turning 28.

Random birthday conversation #1
Him: Hey did you know a lot of people kill themselves when their age is divisible by 7?
Me: Knowledge is power, so it says. Not necessarily helpful, but powerful. Thanks. Really, thanks.

Random birthday conversation #2
Him: Ma'am, what's your birthdate?
Me: October --, 1980
Him: Ay, ako 1982.

New saying:
Unnecessary knowledge is annoying.

3. I am redefining the six-degrees-of-separation theory by the number of returned results in Google. Example, you search for Nonoy Baclao, and this blog shows up at#3! Close kami, or what?

4. I just wanted to remind you my birthday's coming up soon. If you don't know when it is, then hindi tayo close.

5. This is not getting my work done. But it's a lot more fun.

6. May iban gid ya nga sugilanon, kung sa tuod-tuod lang. Pero indi diri. Hagara ko bala, inom ta. Kay i-istroya ko guid sa imo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May nagsabi na ba sa iyo that you're so self-absorbed? Well, you're so self-absorbed. Birthday reminder, wtf hahaha.

On another, yet same, note (labo), could you please not suddenly disappear from work again? Or if unavoidable, could you please let someone from work know why? Or if you get another once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (like going to Prague,) could you please not suddenly back out again?

Your decisions, though yours solely to make, do not affect you alone, ms self-absorbed person.

Hehe peace tayo drey. Don't clear this comment nalang. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Whoops.

sarski said...

hmmm...does that mean that i'm more likely to kill myself this year? leap year age or not, my age IS divisible by 7. i've been told that in some cultures, age 7 is a critical age because that's when a child starts to become an adult. include that new knowledge you shared and i'm not surprised if people are most likely to kill themselves at this time. it comes with a realization that it's a cruel world out there.

makes sense? ambot :D

dreyers said...

avila, if ever someone has said I am self-absorbed, I might have been too absorbed to have heard it. but noted, your point. hahaha. sorry for the hassle, about prague. about work, i did not disappear, i just didn't text you.

sarski,
i've always ascribed to the saying (though I don't know who said it. Jane Goodall ba?), "there is no cruelty in nature, only in human society." so our cruel world is really just the human world, which really, just sucks sideways more often than not. Pero suicide i think is a cop out more than anything, so daw napa-piyerde ka lang sa iban, di bala? hehehe