Thursday, July 17, 2008

The trouble with torture

is that it comes in entirely too many forms. And definitions change from one person to another.

Today, at the office, it came in the form of the "all-new" Journey with Pinoy Pineda on vocals (not that you can tell, he apparently is very good at karaoke), especially "Open Arms," played on loop. Three times now, since the past hour.

Good luck to my sanity, may it enjoy its travels elsewhere. I sincerely hope to see it back by the end of the day, when the last strains of "Don't Stop Believing" fade into the oblivion of the has-beens, that "highway run into the midnight sun" while "wheels go round and round..." Whatever.

Apparently, you can say L-S-S many, many times over, and without your toungue tripping.

*****
If I were more of an opportunist, I'd be charging a rental fee for my headphones, and by the fucking minute. I'd be rich, with my co-workers offering to pay twice the going rate for a 10-minute relief. But self-preservation comes first.

*****
It comes first, but obviously not fast enough.

6 comments:

sarski said...

ahay, drey...i can only imagine the torture you're going through :D

M said...

drey, i youtubed him. yikes! i used to like don't stop believin when it was in that movie, monster. now i need coffee or something.

chocoliya said...

what a coincidence! the same songs were being played in the car when my bro fetched me from the hospital 20 mins ago hehehe

namian kmi sg journey pero kg gn repeat loop katalaka gd man

dreyers said...

hehe, don't get me wrong. i like journey. especially don't stop believing and faithfully--which i used to sing over and over in karaoke in japan. but open arms, with it's multitude of versions, from side A to mariah carey, and now in pineda's i-so-sound-like-steve-perry-what's-the-fricking-point voice, AND on loop for hours is pointless and nauseating. hahaha. credit that to my boss' all-encompassing incompetence.

and i live in fear, day and night, that i will check this blog to find that he has left a comment on this entry: "Drey, you're fired."

how is everyone?

sarski said...

if ever your boss does that, it only proves your point about his/her incompetence. it's pathetic if he/she can't take a little beating about his/her musical tastes...

hay naku, i'm doing fine (i guess). i want to be done with my studies and have a real job!!! but then again, i don't think i'm "ready" for the real world. heheheh.

dreyers said...

sarah! you nearly gave me a heart attack! yurrrggggghk.