Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I take it back. God is everywhere.

Even at a Juan dela Cruz Band benefit concert. Right smack in the middle as a matter of fact--when the audience was asked to praise the lord. All with "all-together-now!" and "once-more-with-feeling!" enthusiasm. Lord, I miss the days of backmasking rumors and mullet-haired, mustachioed rockstars.

*****
And, yes, Karma too. This time in the hustle-bustle of the LRT 1-MRT connection. I may not be in a wheel chair now (knock-on-wood), but lost my wallet to a pickpocket. I was broke to begin with. Now I'm freakin' vroke. Yes, with a V. For Very.

*****
But it's not all bad news. Chingbee and Mark had an excellent show at Green Papaya. I can't help but say show. There was talk of poetry, yes. But we tackled infidelity too. And needs. And dealing with dismissive comments. Even footnotes. Chingbee got interviewed twice. And I heard there were Manila Times/Standard people taking down notes. Or maybe they were just there for the free beer. Yep, two cases. Free. Vree.

*****
(test. test-mic. one-two.) "Eheheerm. I would like to thank my parents, my sisters, my friends, but most of all "the one who created everything" (cf. Mike Hanopol) for the love and support. They was the most important person in my life. Last but not least, I would like to thank Green Papaya for giving me a spot on the Wednesdays-I'm-N-Love WOP, for the free beer during the readings (also when I'm broke and have to commute), the excellent venue, and for the residency. I thank you. Bowwoohoo!" Transcript of my thank-you speech in my head. I did the victory dance last Wednesday. I love GP, Donna and Peewee, and Joaquin. Kahit "friends lang" kami. Vlove. Salamat!!!

What was that? Oops, too late. Nagpa-inom na ako nung Mierkules. Vleh.

No comments: