Sunday, January 27, 2008

Three by Me



1
Hola! Inviting everyone to the poetry reading at Green Papaya on Wednesday, 30 January at 8PM. This reading is part of Green Papaya's Wednesdays-I'm-n-Love Open Platform. Readers are:



1. Mikael Co
2. Adam David
3. Mia Tijam
4. Conchitina Cruz
5. Joel Toledo
6. Angelo Suarez
7. Hussein Macarambon
8. Kash Avena
9. Corin Arenas

... and others, I hope. Haha. We're trying out a themed reading this time, and because it's (still) January, it'll be on new year's resolutions. Haha. Anyway, please come. Open mic readers most welcome, themed or otherwise.

2
Couple of weeks ago, my mom was here in Manila and we had dinner with my dad's half sister, and his half-brother and his wife. It was fun getting to know them, and more importantly, hearing stories about the grandfather I never met. It was amazing to get a picture of this man, whose surname I still carry, from people I hardly know--when my dad himself has so little of his own stories to tell. My grandfather, it turns out, was an hacienda administrator, a job which allowed him to travel--and have different families--all over the country. He had--as far as we know, anyway--a total of 11 children, the youngest only 6 or 8 years older than I am. And with my dad being the youngest of his first three children, my grandfather actually has grandchildren older than the youngest of his children. Haha. Amazing, I tell you.

3
That surname I carry, by the way, has been recently changed to Peram, as I've told in a different post. Thing is, my youngest sister--the one who looks completely different from me--had food delivered from McDo last night. The food came with the receipt addressed to an S. Peram. Whew! And here I was, starting to think I was living with a complete stranger.

*****
Bonus
A quiz:

The stories in this blog are:
(a) true
(b) false
(c) somewhere in between
(d) can be used against the author


"Finally the tables are starting to turn. Talkin' about a revolution." Bow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

because of some brain lapse, that tagboard comment looked so out of context.

anyway, that was suppose to be an answer to the bonus item in this post.

btw, is the wednesdays-i'm-in-love a regular thing? maybe i can come to shoot some time :)

dreyers said...

haha!!! okay, noted that you answered letter d! hahahaha

anyway, the Green Papaya WOP poetry reading is one-wednesday-a-month, no specific wednesday though. pero there are other events going on every wednesday. tomorrow for example, they have a film screening/artist talk called "that's just wrong!"

the space is beautiful, you should check it out. pramis, invite kita sa susunod na reading. :)