Thursday, June 28, 2007

Yes, I also happen to be...

An emo boy. Obviously, I am a girl with many faces. Not necessarily a girl's face, too!

Great. So the list, yes, the Drey-is/Drey-is-not list keeps on growing. Here's what we have so far:


  1. Drey is not Filipino-at-all;
  2. Drey is a tomboy;
  3. Drey is not a lesbian;
  4. Drey could be a convincing lesbian; and the latest...
  5. Drey is an emo boy.

Yup, you heard me right. Drey is NOT an emo girl. She is an emo boy. It started out with a conversation that went like this:

Me: K. has two [my sister's name here]s in her class and she thought the more groovy one was my sister--because of how I dress! Haha! Aren't I a shirt-and-jeans kinda gal?

Her: Well, you do dress a certain way, Drey. Actually, you dress like an emo boy.

Yahoo. Of course, a few days later, I was out for midnight smokes with L. and D. (at the 7Eleven, of all places) and another conversation went like this:

Me: I wish I weren't me today! (Face burried in hands in mock tears.)

L: That is such an emo boy thing to say!

Me: If I could draw, you know what I'd do? I'd make comic strip of this whole incident!

D: Yeah, that would be fun! Have somebody draw it for you!

L: Yeah, but the last panel's got to be that emo-boy moment: "I wish I weren't me today!" with your face in your hands.

(Laughter. Even I had to laugh. Even the guy eavesdropping to that conversation had to laugh.)

Yup, I guess the verdict is in. And guess what? I found this on the net. Knock yourself out.

*****

I was down with vertigo twice (yes, twice!) the last week. Another thing to add to my useless-vertigo-knowledge: Never trust a mild attack. A more vicious one is just around the corner.

Weirder thing about it, though, was this: Last night, just before drifting off, I started singing in my head this Yuzu song "Itsuka" which was the one song (except for the Voltes V theme, of course) I could sing in Japanese, and sing well in karaoke. Perhaps coupled with vertigo, this somehow triggered some part of my subconscious, because I ended up dreaming a long train ride with my Japanese professor, and we were speaking in Japanese the whole time! I never knew I could speak Japanese like that! I mean, I was conscious of using words like hypertext (God, what were we talking about?!) but I was saying it like "haipaatekisto" which is how they'd say it. It was unbelievable!

In the morning/noon, I was puttering around my sister's apartment (raiding her fridge, actually), when I saw some yakisoba and chopsticks, and wham! To misquote Celine Dion, It All Came Back To Me Then. I told my sisters, but they didn't seem to appreciate its significance. I mean, listen to this:

Me: (Gasp! as I was opening the fridge) I dreamt about Hor-sensei last night! Oh my God! It was so weird. We were on a train, and we were talking in Japanese the whole time! It was crazy!

Sister: Who's Hori-sensei?

Hori-sensei, hontou ni gomen!!! m(_ _)m

*****

1 comment:

M said...

drey, i have a feeling you're gonna get a lot of perv/fetish hits looking for some emo asian menage de trois stuff. haha!