Saturday, March 07, 2009

I want a fight.

Why the hell not, and why not here?

So I have this thing, this medical thing which leads to a series of events, both now past, and future. One of those now past events is me getting a healthcare plan which approximately cost me 14k for the year. Versus yet-unforeseen costs, this is good, right? Harsh buzzing sound. No.

Because these healthcare people live for the fine print. They positively live on those shitty things. So now, I discover that my healthcare won't be covering my whole medical thing. Because of a technicality, where my diagnosis came two weeks early. Can you believe this? Healthcare is a matter of convenience now? And theirs alone, at that.

Now I want my money back. Now, I want a fight. Now, I want to say, if you're not going to give me my money's worth, then don't get my money. If you want to just get money from healthy people so you won't have to shell out a dime, then fucking do every single fucking test there is and tell them they're not eligible, then don't get their money. But you don't. And you want to know what I know why this is? Because you can see your sales plummeting, don't you? Well boo and two fucking hoos.

Now let me tell you: Bullshit. This how-things-are-done, shrug-them-off-and smile approach is bullshit. And that thing's bound to piss someone off. And it will lead to a fight. And I will fight. Because these things shouldn't go on uncontested. Because, corny as it fucking sounds, this is true: they get away with it because we do nothing.

And I will do something. And it's not just me. THIS, you can take to the fucking bank.

1 comment:

xandro said...

at least, now you know.