Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dear Diary,

I saw Carlo today. Hahaha. You remember that commercial? Hahaha. Hotdogs, of all possible things. Galing nga eh, cos I had a hotdog sandwich din for dinner. Fits, diba? Tapos, tapos, I really did see a Carlo today! Galeeeng! Parang deus ex-machina. But anyway, that's not what I want to talk about.

Haaay, Diary, I am so tired. My legs are so heavy, they're logs. Hahaha, get it? Legs = logs? Hahaha. Oh my, I really have to stop explaining jokes. Writers are told you never explain the joke, but really, sometimes, that's the funniest part for me. Explanations are so funny. Sometimes I don't even listen to the explanations themselves. It's just sooo funny to ask for the explanation. You get what I mean? Of course you get it. You know me better than any other person. And you know that my secret ambition is to be a writer. A funny writer pa, that's my dream, diba?

But speaking of feet, today is such a "Murphy's Law" day. I mean, I'm tired, my legs are logs na nga (Hahaha, sometimes I kill myself! I'm sooo funny! Hahaha), and I take off my socks ready to crash on my bed, only to accidentally tear a toenail in the process. Clear hati pa! As in, in half! Murphy's talaga! No, no, it didn't hurt, but it's just so ugly now. Sooo ugly. I was planning pa naman to have my nails done this weekend. You know that the red polish is already chipping, so I really planned to have a mani-pedi this weekend. And now, this. Hati in the center. My big toe now looks like the flag of Poland. Or is it Indonesia? (Note to self: Google which flag it is.) So now, kahit magpa-mani-pedi pa ako, it's still gonna be ugly. I wonder if I can have the manicurista put fake nails on my big toe para to cover it up?

(Gosh! I sound so insecure and vain! I never want others to think that of me, no! That's why I wore yellow today. I read kasi in a fwd email na people daw who wear yellow know they're beautiful. So I want people to know that I'm beautiful, kahit, to be honest, I'm really insecure about my looks. But diba, like I always say, if I cannot be honest here with you, kanino pa? Diba, Diary?)

But, again, that's not what I want to talk about. (God, I really have to focus my writing. Remember what Mr. dela Cruz said? Topic sentence.) So, anyway, I went to the Green Papaya reading. It was Yol and Margie , and the host (some Indian-looking girl, I didn't get her name 'cuz she forgot to introduce herself, she just introduced Yol and Margie) said she chose the two daw for humor. And ang galeeeng, Diary, kasi they were so funny! Margie and Yol, so funny talaga, it was hilarious. What Margie read, "Yaya", it was so excellent. Especially her voice pa. And buti na lang she read it in that tone, kasi when I first read it on paper, by myself, I didn't get it that it was supposed to be funny. Akala ko actually sad sya eh. Akala ko super serious, like with class symbolism, and reflection on society kinda thing. But now I know it's supposed to be funny lang pala.

Si Yol din, funny din sya! Grabeeeh, buti na lang I was sitting on the floor, otherwise I would have fallen off my chair laughing. Hahaha! Yung binasa ni Yol, funny din! Like he was talking about dapat nagsusulat sya for his thesis, pero instead nagbo-blog sya. Tapos funny yung blog entry nya. Ateneo jokes pa lahat!!! I so get it, all his jokes, feel na feel ko na Atenista kami. Hahaha! Galeeeng! Sana walang taga-Lasalle sa audience, kasi baka na-OP sila, diba? Kawawa naman kasi di nila gets yung Ateneo jokes... Tapos akala ko pa when he was reading about giving blow jobs, akala ko sa kanya yun! Pero kay Margie pala yun! Na-shock nga ako 'cuz I thought hundi sya bading, tapos I thought, "Bading pala sya?" (kasi nga blow jobs yung topic, tapos lalake sya, diba?), tapos only to find out later on na kay Margie pala yun. So hindi sya bading.

Anyway, great, great, educational night. There were writers pa in the group, tapos medyo over my head na yung pinag-uusapan nila, pero great pa rin that entire night. Sorry lang nga ako kasi they were kinda lecturing na, tapos this guy Carlo (intelligent, well-articulated guy!) who was really asking good questions (kahit hindi na sya masyado nakikinig sa answers, pero intelligent kasi sya, Diary eh! Galing-galing ng guy na yun.) kinda shut-up na after the writers started talking. Especially si Indian-girl-host, parang, di ko talaga gets what she was trying to say pero her tone of voice was like she wanted Carlo to shut-up na. Kasi she wanted Yol and Margie to talk, so I guess I really can't blame her. Pero parang epal lang. Just because you're the host, doesn't mean you have the right to shut people up no! Some people talaga, no manners whatsoever.

Another bad trip is they kept talking about tone. Gets ko yung point ni Carlo talaga. All writing come from personal experience, and richer sya pag ganyan. But sabi nung iba dun, not necessarily daw. Tone daw can be achieved depende sa choice of words chorva-chorva. Pero hello! Tone of voice nga eh. Duh?! Voice!!! As in the sound that comes out of your throat when you talk? Kaya nga ang galing ni Margie magbasa. Mas na-understand ko yung work nya dahil sya talaga nagbasa. Personal experience talaga, that's what matters. Kaya nga ako nagsusulat dito sa journal, diba? To practice telling people about my stories. And it can be as simple as, "What happened to you today?", sabi nga ni Sir dela Cruz. I wish you were there, Diary.

Anyway, to get back to my point: I really did see a Carlo today! So winner, no? It circles around lang talaga, like a coiled cobra, head to tail! And that commercial was so funny pa, to boot. I want to write like that!

Haay, this is so long na. I'm so sleepy na Diary. I'll sleep na, ha? Thanks for always listening to me! See you tomorrow!


aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGoodnight,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaRhissa

2 comments:

fatsavila said...

drey i suddenly remembered the girl from that classic pure foods commercial. chantal umali dibaa. oh and here's the super dooper correct version. to wit:

dear diary,

carlo sat beside me today. he's soooo cute. sabi nya, i'm pretty. kaya lang, i'm fat. i ate too much kase eh...mula ngayon, goodbye chocolates, goodbye spaghetti, goodbye hotdogs. (looks at table and sees a hotdog on a plate). aaaayyy...goodbye carlo.

ahahaha so 90s.

ay comment on the entry pala noh: hotdog boy intuits among writers that all writing should come from personal experience para richer. i wonder if can he say the same to tour guides. if so, then no one can give a great historical walk around manila about the spanish era coz no one who was alive then (ergo, with personal experience para richer ung tour giving diba) is still alive now. hehehe go to hell, este, goodbye carlo.

Liz said...

I googled "dear diary carlo sat beside me today" and ended up here.

ESMUSSSSKIII =P