Monday, January 22, 2007

Quickie

Do you have the time?


10
Once, in the now-defunct Sanctum, I leafed through a book of birthdays. Seems I shared mine with Alfred Nobel and Samuel Taylor Coleridge. If that wasn't a sign, I don't know what is.

9
Tonight I am sitting two feet away from a man hanging by his fingertips on the wrong side of the railing, cleaning glass. He made my tummy jump and quiver. I don't know which I wanted more: grab and hold on to him, or push him off, then puke on his mangled corpse a few feet down.

8
A secret: One dream job is to be a window cleaner of a skyscraper, scaffolding and all. Or, or!--the coolest thing I've ever seen--hanging from a harness.

7
I prefer this to re-writing an awful poem: getting off on these short bursts of... what? what is it, exactly?

6
That man has now climbed over the rail and into the safe side, once again on solid ground--his hands free to do whatever he wants. Oh, how I detest him now.

5
In science, there is no such thing as cold: only temperatures not in equilibrium, heat moving the direction of least resistance.

4
"I could be having sex back there. And what better way to exorcise rejection demons than to sleep with the person who rejected you?"
aaaaaaaaaaaa-- Rob Gordon in High Fidelity

3
See how my lips wrap around this cigarette, how my eyes close in pleasure, how the tip glows a bright red, like something swollen, ready to burst.

2
The girls in the next table are relishing a loud argument. How, exactly, do you say it? ANdrea, or anDREa? Who gives a fuck? I tell you, I won't remember your name either.

1
Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I'm beautiful when I'm angry. Wanna fuck?


It's a yes or no, honey. Not life or death.

2 comments:

xxx said...

sige, magalit ka pa!

dreyers said...

ayoko na! pagod na ako! hahaha. ano'ng blog mo, yol? link kita!